LEICA WATCH ZM2 MONOCHROM
Capturing time requires precision engineering and mechanical excellence. Each is essential to the art of photography. To facilitate the accurate measurement of time, Leica has chosen the ergonomic efficiency of a fine timepiece to expand its commitment to the decisive moment.
Leica Watches ZM 1 and ZM 2 (formerly referred to as Leica L1 and L2) are timekeeping analogs to Leica's fine optical and photographic instruments. Carrying Leica DNA from the lens-like domed sapphire crystal to the red-dot emblazoned push-piece crown, they bring "Das Wesentliche" from the visual realm to the temporal.
Mechanically, both models are manually-wound watches displaying hours, minutes and seconds, a date window, status and power reserve. The Leica ZM 1 and Leica ZM 2 are fitted with a scratch-proof domed sapphire crystal, a transparent case back, and are both water-resistant to a depth of 50 metres I ATM. The power reserve guarantees at least 60 hours of motion and is decked by evenly closing blades reminiscent of the shutters of a Leica camera. Similarly, the specially developed container made of glass for the Leica watch is ideal for transporting and storing Leica M lenses, too. The patented push-crown with red ceramic insert is a typically stylish, technical and aesthetic finishing touch for both watches. A classic black calf leather strap with a distinctive red interior further adds to the subtle elegance of the Leica ZM 1.
Two time zones with a single hand: As a GMT-watch (Greenwich Mean Time), the Leica ZM 2 also uses a single hand to indicate the second time zone on the dial. The 12-hour bezel facilitates rapid, exact and interpretation-free time-telling within a global orientation system. A classic black calf leather strap with a distinctive red interior further adds to the subtle elegance of the Leica ZM 2.
The new Leica Watch Monochrom Edition continues the Leica Monochrom story, honoring the most fundamental principles of black and white photography: contrast and light. The distinctive design of the Leica ZM Monochrom Edition removes all color and silver tones, with the exception of the red dot, achieving a truly minimalist aesthetic, revealing depth within simplicity and creating a harmony between two of Leica's outstanding products.
- Leica’s hand-winding movement (same movement as stainless-steel version) with
patented push-crown with seconds reset for easy time-setting
- 41 mm case with special black PVD coated finishing (“Physical Vapor Deposition”
providing specific scratch resistance requirements), satin surfaces with polished,
beveled edges, coated pusher, crown
- New dial design with glossy black logo print and white minute indication
- Black rhodium-plated and diamond-polished indices, watch hands, and small second
decor ring, with a black lacquered second hand
- Strap made from thick black calf leather, identical in texture to M11 Monochrom. Cutedge
construction with hand stitching and black PVD-coated pin buckle
- Complications: patented push-crown-system | hours | minutes | small second | date window incl. quickset date | mode indicator | stop-second | power reserve indicator
- Case: Stainless steel | Ø 41mm | Height: 14,5mm | Water-resistant: 50 m | Lug Width: 21m
- Front: anti-reflecting sapphire crystal | domed
- Back: anti-reflecting sapphire crystal | screwed