In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Leica Camera Australia Pty Ltd. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of our product/s is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. The information is intended for residents of Australia only.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
- You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times and you undertake to update your registration details from time to time when they change.
- On registration, you will be required to provide a password. On registration you agree to pay for our products and services as set out on our website.
- We reserve the right to terminate your registration at any time if you breach these terms and conditions.
- Our services are intended to be used by registered users within Australia only.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. We endeavour to ensure that our prices are current and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time. If you have placed an order, we reserve the right to cancel your order should our prices change.
- We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on our website, however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we become aware of any description errors, we reserve the right to correct any error or omission.
- Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not guarantee that any image will reproduce in true colour nor that any given image will reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.
- We supply and despatch our products to customers within Australia only.
- We endeavour to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the absolute availability of any product advertised on our website.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST.
- Packaging and postage is free for orders over $500 within Australia. Freight charges for orders under $500 are calculated and shown within the shopping cart.
- When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details.
- We undertake to accept or reject your order within 7 days.
- Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
- All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we despatch the goods. You will be required to sign for the goods, and we will not be held liable for theft from your premises.
- We undertake to reimburse you for any product delivered to you that is faulty or is in a damaged condition. If you wish to return a faulty or damaged product, you must notify us within 14 days of delivery through our designated “contact us” webpage where we set out our requirements relating to return of such goods.
- If we are unable at the time of return to replace or exchange returned goods, we undertake to reimburse your credit card for the amount initially debited for the purchase including packaging and postage charges.
- Once you have notified us through our website that you wish to return faulty, or damaged product, you may return the product to any of our stores throughout Australia so long as you provide valid proof of purchase eg. tax invoice, receipt and/or packaging slip.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
Statutory Guarantees and Warranties to Consumers
- Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“C&C Act”) defines a consumer. Under the C&C Act we are a supplier of either goods or services or both to you, and as a consumer the C&C Act gives you statutory guarantees. Attached to the Standard Terms and Conditions are:-
- Schedule 2 of the C&C Act; and
- those statutory guarantees, all of which are given by us to you if you are a consumer.
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act of our goods or services then we give you a warranty that at the time of supply of those goods or services to you, if they are defective then:-
- We will repair or replace the goods or any part of them that is defective; or
- Provide again or rectify any services or part of them that are defective; or
- Wholly or partly recompense you if they are defective.
- As a consumer under the C&C Act you may be entitled to receive from us notices under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act. In that regard:-
- If you are a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act and the goods or services we are providing relate to the repair of consumer goods then we will give you any notice which we are obliged to give you under Schedule 2 section 103 of the C&C Act.
- If we are a repairer of goods capable of retaining user-generated data then we hereby give you notice that the repair of those goods may result in the loss of the data.
- If we are a repairer and our practice is to supply refurbished goods as an alternative to repairing your defective goods or to use refurbished parts in the repair, then we give you notice that the goods presented by you to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. We also give you notice that we may use in the repair of your goods, refurbished parts.
Limitation of Liability
- If you are not a consumer within the meaning of Schedule 2 of the C&C Act then this clause applies to you. If you are a consumer within the meaning of the C&C Act then this clause has no effect whatsoever to in any way limit our liability or your rights. If you are not a consumer:-
- To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the services again or payment of the costs of having those services supplied again.
- We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from services we have supplied.
- We do not accept liability for anything contained in the post of a user or in any form of communication which originates with a user and not with Us.
- We do not participate in any way in the transactions between our users.
- By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
- If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than 30, we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least 7 Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in Victoria and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Leica Camera Australia supports the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Victoria Liquor Control Reform Act 1998: It is an offence to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $7,000), for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $600).
Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence: to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
- All Orders that we accept for liquor products are only accepted, processed and distributed by us from, and are transmitted from, one of our licensed premises. The Orders and any acceptance or agreement are subject to our obligations under the various Liquor Licensing Acts in the jurisdictions in which we operate and our obligations to comply with responsible service of alcohol obligations.
(a) acknowledge that it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol or tobacco products to, or obtain alcohol or tobacco products on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years; and
(b) warrant that you are over 18 years of age and are not obtaining alcohol (including liquor Products) or tobacco (including tobacco Products) on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years.